Manager – Software Engineering (development)
ICG’s solutions are rooted in understanding our business lines and technologies and collaborating with our business teams to deliver high-quality, reliable enterprise-grade solutions for top Global brands such as Twitter, Microsoft, and Bausch & Lomb. We deliver in a fast-paced, ever-changing and innovative environment underpinned by sound cost management while maintaining a high level of security practices for PCI and ISO compliancy.
Our teams are responsible for the secure delivery and execution of all client programs & projects. ICG aims to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, security, integrity, commitment, accountability and delivery. This team lives on the cutting edge with solutions which drive strategic and long-term value to our customers.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As the Manager – Software Development, you will lead our overall internal Engineering Development team and associated platforms. Concurrently, you will manage the delivery of current & future products, and their ongoing support and improvement.
To ensure timely product releases, you will:
- Plan resources and work allocation
- Ensure developers and testers are working effectively
- Track and communicate progress of releases
- Ensure code quality standards and design principles are maintained and utilized by Engineering team
- Manage and mentor development team members, performance reviews and coaching
- Work with various teams locally and abroad through dedicated employee, onshore, near shore, or outsourced arrangement across various time zones when needed.
- Be a key member of ICG’s DevOps program
- Be a key member of ICG’s PCI security compliance program
- Bring new ideas and technologies
- Coach, mentor and train team members.
You should want and be able to get hands-on with .NET (when required)!
You will also be responsible for managing outsourced development partners (quality check code base, manage external leads, and validate deliverables), ensuring best practices in software development, and working with key leaders to design and plan development projects.
Furthermore, you will need to bring appropriate solutions to critical issues and drive complex estimates – that take one or more projects into account – that effectively communicate risks and dependencies to stakeholders.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Crucially, the person we are looking for:
- Is looking for a new challenge
- Comes from a .NET development background
- Is a leader in DEVOPS software development life-cycle
- Understands Agile overall best practices for development and delivery
Being a Scrum Master will not be enough!
You must have excellent Agile skills, a strong understanding of Waterfall SDLC methodologies, the ability to inspire our in-house software development team, have demonstrated process improvement leadership by effectively deploying people and systems, and have the strong ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
You will come from a small to medium SaaS-based environment, have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, 3 years’ experience directly leading development teams, and be able to effectively communicate with all levels including senior level executives.
- Responsible for a medium sized technical team
- Managing the daily workflow
- Executing tactics to achieve company objectives.
- Employee development and training
- Ensuring employees are technically competent, while encouraging growth within related disciplines to ensure IC Group has the correct resources to achieve operational successes.
- Communicating regular status to select executive managers on the progress of projects, platforms and employee development.
- Performance reviews, adjustments and coaching.
- Presentations to leadership as needed
- Coaching and mentoring team members to achieve their goals within ICG
- Responsible for a medium sized technical team
- Project Planning & Execution
- Provides estimates for technical delivery team.
- Provides guidance or direction to PMO regarding plan and execution.
- Provide approvals for timelines and approach.
- Participates, and provides technical input, in weekly Delivery, Checkpoint, and Project Health meetings.
- Vendor Selection & Management
- Sourcing, acquisition, relationship building, negotiation, and ongoing maintenance for all technology vendors relating to the Development team. Includes escalations and billing approvals.
- Standards Compliance
- Provides guidance on Software Architecture, creating and proposing new solutions.
- Make decisions on department standards and supported frameworks and technologies.
- Ensuring we continue to meet PCS DSS accreditation as a key member of the PCI security team
- Documentation as needed that relates to Dev platforms such as HA, Azure and other as needed
- Process Improvement
- Accountable for processes specific to Solutions Delivery (DEVOPS/Agile vs PM methodologies) Ensuring solutions are properly maintained and applied.
- Maintaining and managing development pipeline tools and practices
- Resource Planning
- Determine technical competency and availability/capacity of delivery staff.
- Assist in the prioritizing all projects and departmental tasks.
- Key Technologies and Tool Set
- .NET (C#)
- MS Azure, Cloud Services
- Dedicated Hosting
- MSSQL Database
- RESTful APIs
Overall, here’s what our successful candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree (Related discipline)
- 10 years progressive development experience, with 3 years of managing a development team
- Experience in the technologies and tools noted
- Excellent business and people skills and ability to positively interact at the executive level
- Excellent and fluent English communication skills dealing with all levels, including internal and external stakeholders (Written & Verbal)
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org