ICG’s solutions are rooted in delivering high quality, reliable enterprise grade solutions for top Global brands such as Twitter, Microsoft, and Bausch & Lomb. We deliver in a fast-paced, ever changing, and innovative environment under pinned by sound cost management while maintaining a high level of security practices for PCI and ISO27001 compliancy.
Who we need?
We are hiring a Systems Administrator to work in our growing Corporate Services (IT) Team.
The role of the Systems Administrator is to support and maintain our corporate environments, our PCI DSS and ISO 27001 compliant environments, and to assist our internal users. You’ll be a go-to person supporting user laptops/desktops, servers and network systems, and working on special projects to keep up with the latest technologies.
Each day will be different, spending time on solving user issues, and making progress on larger corporate projects, with ongoing responsibilities and daily tasks for operational efficiencies and enhanced security.
The Systems Administrator supports the operation, configuration, management, and security of the corporate and production environments including servers, applications, Internet, Email, and various aspects of our network infrastructure and remote offices. Working within a team environment, you’ll participate in the execution of the administration of server and network systems and the installation, support and maintenance of all workstations, laptops, peripherals (such as printers, copiers/fax), handheld devices, and Internet connections.
You will also support production and delivery services in various data centers where application deployments are needed as well as technical support through our help desk facility supporting all our corporate users.
To do well in this role you should have a related degree or diploma in Computer Science and/or 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced technology environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- System Administration
- Monitor, maintain and administer Windows based servers, ensuring a high level of performance and uptime for internal users and services.
- Support a variety of corporate applications and processes that depend on the servers.
- Set up of user accounts, computers and accesses
- Regulate access to computer files as required and monitor on an ongoing basis to ensure only authorized users have
- Responsible for software licensing to ensure the company is compliant at all times.
- Document all processes, procedures and configurations related to servers and workstations and security so that an outside firm can audit them periodically.
- Monitor system logs and alerts for errors, warnings and security incidents
- Maintain Hardware and Software inventory
- Follow Change management process for all changes
- Network Security
- Maintain a storage backup system and provide for routine backup including restorations to test integrity of backup systems.
- Document and communicate security policies and procedures for users.
- Assist in the documentation of disaster recovery plans including participating in periodic testing during the year.
- Install timely, security related upgrades
- Perform regular testing and reporting of systems security
- Network Security
- Support and manage a secure PCI compliant environment security policies and processes
- Review of application and system logs for errors and security concerns
- Schedule and review PCI vulnerability threat assessment scans
- Generation, maintenance and renewal of SSL certificates
- Maintain a storage backup system and provide for routine backup including regular restores to test integrity of backup systems.
- Maintain, Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to security, data integrity, change control and documentation of server systems, including Anti-Virus, Anti-SPAM and Anti-Spyware.
- Develop, document and communicate security policies and procedures for users.
- Create, document and test disaster recovery plans.
- Install security related upgrades in a timely manner, often off-hours and/or weekends
- Desktop Support
- Provide assistance and troubleshooting for technical issues on end-user workstations/laptops, hand held devices, printers, etc.
- Install, upgrade and support of software such as Microsoft Office
- Install, upgrade, maintenance and support of Operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and MacOS
- Imaging, configuration and deployment of new end-user systems
- Support employee relocation from desk to desk or office to office
- Provide staff training when needed
- Application Support
- Work with team members for the installation and testing of Operating System and application updates, possibly off-hours and/or weekends.
- Provide on-call services on a rotation basis acting as a first responder to issues or situations that may arise outside of business hours, including weekends
- Monitor servers and networks for issues with applications, disk space, CPU usage, memory or other issues that may impact end-users
- Other duties as assigned
Overall, here’s what our successful candidate should possess:
- You are a great communicator, both verbally and written.
- You are self-directed, thorough yet quick and truly enjoy helping your colleagues, with a strong commitment to service excellence
- You work both independently and within a team environment
- Outgoing personality
- Calm demeanor when dealing with stressful situations, excellent communications skills especially when dealing with non-technical users.
- Ability to be creative in in the pursuit of technical solutions
- Strong and detailed organization and time management skills
- University degree or diploma in IT related field
- 1 years’ experience in a fast-paced Tech environment.
- Microsoft Certification(s) in a relevant IT field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft environments and Server platforms including:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- File/Print Servers
- Internet Information Services
- Experience with Microsoft Online Services
- Office 365
- Exchange Online
- SharePoint Online
- Networking technologies including TCP/IP, Routing, Firewall and Load Balancing
- Desktop, Laptop and network printer support, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades
- Computer imaging, configuration and deployment
- Remote Desktop support for remote users
- Hardware that supports Intel based PC’s
- Troubleshooting Microsoft applications such as Office 365 and other business tools
- Experience with Mobile Handhelds such as smart-phones and tablets
- Knowledge of data acquisition, maintenance, protection, restoration, and recovery technologies.
- Strong knowledge of data security technologies, including RAID, backup, imaging, encryption, firewall technologies.
- Technical system documentation creation
- User guides, and “how to” guides creation
- Strong knowledge of current IT and computer science concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to IT infrastructure.
- Experience supporting people who depend on the availability and proper operation of IT environments, including direct support to these people through troubleshooting
Additional Experience considered an advantage
- Hardware supports for Apple products: MAC laptop and desktops
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Desktop Central and ServiceDesk Plus
- Great Plains
- SQL Server
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Working in a PCI DSS or ISO 27001 compliant and secure environment
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org