ICG’s solutions are rooted in delivering high quality, reliable enterprise grade solutions for top global brands such as Twitter, Microsoft, and Bausch & Lomb. We deliver in a fast-paced, ever changing, and innovative environment underpinned by strong delivery management all the while maintaining a high level of security practices for PCI and ISO27001 compliancy.
Our Legal and Promotion Compliance team is responsible for the review and completion of internal legal matters, the development and review of promotion rules and regulations and other related documentation, identifying promotional risks, legal and administrative implications, developing recommendations on client programs, engaging external legal experts in promotional and advertising (and related) law, as well as other internal corporate and compliance duties. This position is part of the Vendor Management Team where we assess vendor and supplier risks and undertake the necessary contract/terms reviews, onboarding, ongoing monitoring, and off-boarding. Client contract management is also part of the role where client agreements (contracts, statements of work and so on) are reviewed and discussed with the internal ICG client leads, while assisting in client onboarding, monitoring, as well as off-boarding.
Who we need?
We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Specialist, Legal and Promotion Compliance to join our team!
This position will ensure the timely execution of several vital services related to our client’s consumer programs and our internal corporate project and admin needs. You won’t shy away from this kind of challenge because you are:
- Highly organized, skilled at time management and task prioritization;
- Willing to work on a team that has a lot of fast-moving and often time sensitive pieces;
- Always cool as a cucumber under the most demanding conditions, even when circumstances may seem impossible to solve, you will always execute with a professional demeanor
- An excellent communicator no matter who your audience is, or your method of communication (e.g. document writing, emails, phone calls, online chat programs, etc.)
- A multi-tasker who can get stuff done with a sense of urgency and pride!
- Focused on accuracy and attention to detail, as these qualities are your middle names;
- Exceptional at writing in different styles, from formal business writing to technical and legal documentation
- An independent worker who understands how important it is to pay attention to the details;
- Efficient and experienced with MS Office; you’re not just good at navigating your way around MS Office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
If this sounds like you, we definitely want to hear from you!
- Develop legal documentation for programs and promotions that will be delivered to clients (such as Official Rules and Regulations) and ultimately to consumers (such as prize claim documentation).
- Review promotional marketing materials, email copy and website copy with an eye to accuracy and compliance.
- Assist in the review of client and/or vendor/supplier agreements, Terms and Conditions, policies, and similar documentation.
- Develop and assist in developing and documenting privacy protocols and standards.
- Assist in communications with external legal counsel.
- Assist in document management and support on vendor management and client management processes, using a variety of resources including internal tools.
- Using internal platforms and systems, work with ICG Project Managers and Project Team members to provide support for programs and promotions.
- Correspond with clients and vendors in support of various programs.
- Provide support for internal corporate legal functions as well as information security goals, data security related to ISO27001 and PCI DSS compliance.
- Provide back-up coverage and support for internal team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional English communication (verbal and written).
- Organization and time-management skills.
- Initiative and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and team player.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure, in tight timelines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 2 years working in an office environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Certification in Privacy an asset
Great to have skills
- Knowledge of legal terminology an asset.
- Experience in working in legal settings (and/or related education)
- French as an alternate language an asset.
- Understanding of promotions/marketing