Who are we?
IC Group Inc works with the world’s top brands, connecting them to consumers innovative and creative ways using a blend of our professional services and our Loyalty, Promotions and Twitter Platforms – creating hyper-effective MarTech solutions. In addition, we develop disruptive InsurTech solutions for our sister company’s operations in UK, US, Canada and other countries
Where are we Going?
We are in the growth phase of our development and looking for highly motivated people to help drive the company forward over the coming years, as we strive to become the dominant player in digital rewards solutions.
We deliver for top brands but are a compact & agile business. That means working for IC Group is a challenge that will push your creative capabilities. There’s never a dull day and you’ll be full of work, but you will be directly contributing to complex, varied campaigns for some of the largest global brands – a sense of satisfaction you would be hard-pressed to discover anywhere else in Winnipeg!
We believe in simplicity and structured creativity. You won’t find regular office hours here, as we encourage a sensible, flexible work schedule that ties in with our clients’ needs, and smart casual work wear is standard. With the likes of snack drawers & regular social events, we have a tight-knit, family feel at IC Group where connections really matter – vital for a compact company that achieves big things.
As the Software Development Manager, you will lead our overall internal Engineering Development team and associated platforms. Concurrently, you will manage the delivery of current & future products, and their ongoing support and improvement.
To ensure timely product releases, you will:
- Plan resources and work allocation
- Ensure developers and testers are working effectively
- Track and communicate progress of releases
- Ensure code quality standards and design principles are maintained and utilized by Engineering team
You should want, and be able to get hands-on with .NET (when required)!
You will also be responsible for managing outsourced development partners (quality check code base, manage external leads, and validate deliverables), ensuring best practices in software development, and working with key leaders to design and plan development projects.
Furthermore, you will need to bring appropriate solutions to critical issues, and drive complex estimates – that take one or more projects into account – that effectively communicate risks and dependencies to stakeholders.
- Responsible for a medium sized technical team
- Managing the daily workflow
- Executing tactics to achieve company objectives.
- Employee development and training
- Ensuring employees are technically competent, while encouraging growth within related disciplines to ensure IC Group has the correct resources to achieve operational successes.
- Communicating regular status to select executive managers on the progress of projects, platforms and employee development.
- Responsible for a medium sized technical team
- Project Planning & Execution
- Provides estimates for technical delivery team.
- Provides guidance or direction to PMO regarding plan and execution.
- Provide approvals for timelines and approach.
- Participates, and provides technical input, in weekly Delivery, Checkpoint, and Project Health meetings.
- Vendor Selection & Management
- Sourcing, acquisition, relationship building, negotiation, and ongoing maintenance for all technology vendors relating to the Development team. Includes escalations and billing approvals.
- Standards Compliance
- Make decisions on department standards and supported frameworks and technologies.
- Ensuring we continue to meet PCS DSS accreditation
- Process Improvement
- Accountable for processes specific to Solutions Delivery (DEVOPS/Agile vs PM methodologies) Ensuring solutions are properly maintained and applied.
- Maintaining and managing development pipeline tools and practices
- Resource Planning
- Determine technical competency and availability/capacity of delivery staff.
- Assist in the prioritizing all projects and departmental tasks.
- Key Technologies and Tool Set
- .NET (C#)
- MS Azure, Cloud Services
- Dedicated Hosting
Overall, here’s what our successful candidate should possess:
- Bachelor Degree (Related discipline)
- 10 years progressive development experience, with 3 years of managing a development team
- Experience in the technologies and tools noted
- Excellent business and people skills and ability to positively interact at the executive level
- Excellent and fluent English communication skills dealing with all levels, including internal and external stakeholders (Written & Verbal)
* Special Note – This position is located in Winnipeg (Manitoba) or Toronto[Oakville] (Ontario), Canada. Preference will be given to those already residing in Canada, with valid work permits.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com