Who are we?
IC Group is Winnipeg’s world-leading provider of digital rewards solutions. Experts at flawlessly delivering loyalty programs, digital promotions, and Twitter bots, we work with some of the biggest brands & agencies on the planet – Twitter, American Express, Apple, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Sony, Disney, Fox, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and Xbox, to name a few.
Where are we Going?
We are in the growth phase of our development and looking for highly motivated people to help drive the company forward over the coming years, as we strive to become the dominant player in digital rewards solutions.
We deliver for top brands but are a compact & agile business. That means working for IC Group is a challenge that will push your creative capabilities. There’s never a dull day and you’ll be full of work, but you will be directly contributing to complex, varied campaigns for some of the largest global brands – a sense of satisfaction you would be hard-pressed to discover anywhere else in Winnipeg!
We believe in simplicity and structured creativity. You won’t find regular office hours here, as we encourage a sensible, flexible work schedule that ties in with our clients’ needs, and smart casual work wear is standard. With the likes of snack drawers & regular social events, we have a tight-knit, family feel at IC Group where connections really matter – vital for a compact company that achieves big things.
We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Senior IT Network Administrator to join our team.
The role of the Sr. Network Admin. will assist our need to support our production environments, our secure PCI DSS compliant processes, and to assist our internal users. You’ll be the go-to person covering production servers and client application deployments, to supporting laptop, office network setup and monitoring, and special projects.
Each day will be different, with time spent on deploying new client programs, making progress on larger corporate projects, and ongoing responsibilities and daily tasks such as operational efficiencies and enhancing security.
This Sr. Network Admin supports the configuration, management, and security of the corporate and production environments including servers, applications, firewalls, telephone systems, Internet, Email, and various aspects of our network infrastructure and remote offices. Working within a team environment, you’ll participate in the planning, design and security of the network environment, the implementation and administration of server and network systems and the support and maintenance of all workstations, laptops, peripherals (such as printers, copiers/fax), handheld devices, and Internet connections.
You will also support production and delivery services in various data centers where application deployments are needed as well as technical support through our help desk facility supporting all our corporate users.
The right candidate will play a key role at ICG that the entire company depends on. We welcome someone who has the desire to be inquisitive and super optimized and sharp with excellent attention to details and is a highly driven!
- Network Administration
- Set up, maintain and administer Windows servers and applications, ensuring a high level of performance and uptime.
- Support a variety of corporate and custom applications and processes.
- Set up of user accounts and access, staff training, inventory and hardware maintenance.
- Regulate access to computer files as required and monitor on a regular basis to ensure only authorized users access files.
- Responsible for software licensing to ensure the company is compliant at all times.
- Document all processes, procedures and configurations related to servers, desktops and security, so that an outside firm can audit them periodically.
- Application Support
- Deployment, configuration and management of custom web-based applications in a high-availability production infrastructure, which includes producing technical and process documentation
- Work with team members for the installation and testing of Operating System and application updates, often off-hours and/or weekends.
- Provide on-call services on a rotation basis acting as a first responder to issues or situations that may arise outside of business hours, including weekends
- Monitor servers for issues with applications, disk space, CPU usage, memory or other issues that may impact end-users
- Network Security
- Support and manage a secure PCI compliant environment security policies and processes
- Review of application and system logs for errors and security concerns
- Schedule and review PCI vulnerability threat assessment scans
- Generation, maintenance and renewal of SSL certificates
- Maintain a storage backup system and provide for routine backup including regular restores to test integrity of backup systems.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to security, data integrity, change control and documentation of server systems, including antivirus and antispyware.
- Develop, document and communicate security policies and procedures for users.
- Create, document and test disaster recovery plans.
- Install security related upgrades in a timely manner, often off-hours and/or weekends
- Planning and Development
- Evaluate current use of technology in the organization and recommend needed improvements.
- Coordinate with vendors to obtain proposals for purchases of hardware, software and technical services, analyze proposals and make recommendations.
- Plan for future growth and development of computer systems. Develop and implement solutions, designs and specifications to satisfy user needs.
- Telephone Systems
- Provide telephone support services to all employees.
- Approve work orders and request service from telephone systems provider as required.
- Review systems requirements and make recommendations on improvements.
- Support employee relocation from desk to desk or office to office.
- Desktop Support
- Provide assistance and troubleshooting for technical issues on end-user workstations/laptops, hand held devices, printers, etc.
- Install, upgrade and support of software such as Microsoft Office
- Install, upgrade and support of Operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and MacOS
- Purchase, configuration and deployment of new end-user systems
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- You are a great communicator, both verbally and written.
- You are self-directed, thorough yet quick and truly enjoy helping your colleagues, with a strong commitment to service excellence
- You work both independently and within a team environment
- Outgoing personality
- Calm demeanor when dealing with stressful situations, excellent communications skills especially when dealing with non-technical users.
- Ability to be creative in in the pursuit of technical solutions
- Strong and detailed organization and time management skills
- University degree or diploma in IT related field
- 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced Tech environment.
- Microsoft Certification(s) in a relevant IT field
- Knowledge of Microsoft environments (MS) including MS Server platforms including;
- Windows Server,
- Active Directory,
- Internet Information Server,
- Microsoft Exchange,
- File Servers,
- Team Foundation Server
- Networking technologies including Firewall and Load Balancers
- Desktop, Laptop and network printer support, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades
- Remote Desktop support for remote users
- Hardware that supports Intel based PC’s
- Troubleshooting MS applications and other business tools, Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Safari, but not limited to them.
- Experience with Mobile Handhelds such as smart-phones and tablets
- Knowledge of data acquisition, maintenance, protection, restoration, and recovery technologies.
- Strong knowledge of data security technologies, including RAID, backup, image, encryption, firewall technologies.
- Technical system documentation creation
- User guides, and “how to” guides creation
- Strong knowledge of current IT and computer science concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to IT infrastructure.
- Experience supporting people who depend on the availability and proper operation of IT environments, including direct support to these people through troubleshooting
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org