ICG’s solutions are rooted in understanding our business lines and technologies and collaborating with our business teams to deliver high quality, reliable, enterprise grade solutions for top Global brands such as Twitter, Microsoft, and Bausch + Lomb. We deliver in a fast-paced, ever changing, and innovative environment underpinned by sound cost management while maintaining a high level of security practices for PCI and ISO27001/27701/22301 compliances.
Our teams are responsible for the secure delivery and execution of all client programs & projects. ICG aims to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, security, integrity, commitment, accountability, and delivery. More specifically, our Finance Team is responsible for the management of all aspects of month-end full cycle accounting, financial reporting, analysis and recommendations, efficiency and operational improvement recommendations, financial strategy support, internal controls, capital assets, payroll processing, financial health monitoring of projects and deferred revenue.
Who are we looking for?
ICG is looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team in Winnipeg for a 12-14 month Term.
Working in a team environment you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of month-end full cycle accounting, financial reporting, analysis and recommendations, efficiency and operational improvement recommendations, financial strategy support, internal controls, capital assets, payroll processing, financial health monitoring of projects and deferred revenue
Is this role right for you?
f have at least 3 years’ experience in a full-cycle accounting roll in a computerized environment. You enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, while paying extra attention to the details.
- FULL-CYCLE ACCOUNTING
- Responsible for the management and completion of the month-end cycle
- Assist with the compilation of the monthly reporting package for Executive Management
- Review and sign-off on monthly working papers
- Ensure that each individual company is being maintained with proper retained earnings.
- Assist compliance with all relevant tax, source deduction and other regulatory financial agencies.
- Implementation and submission of ad-hoc projects as they arise and their integration into the accounting system
- Maintain and reconcile the intercompany balances between corporate entities
- Prepare and approve bank reconciliations
- Act as a supporting back-up for AR Invoicing and AP processing when Account Analysts are away.
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Capital Asset Control, including tracking disposal, acquisitions and amortization
- Generate and Maintain the Deferred Revenue and Revenue Analysis workbook and post associated Journal Entries
- Prepare and comment on monthly variance analysis
- Amend, implement, enforce and communicate all finance policies and procedures
- Analyze financial indicators and resolve significant variances. Work alongside the Director of Finance to determine remedies when indicators are showing negative financial impact.
- Margin analysis and reporting on projects and provide early warning system throughout the month vs. end of month
- Reconcile month-end trust bank accounts
- Process semi-monthly payroll through third party service providers for Canada and USA employees
- Process information on new hires, terminations, salary adjustments, commission, benefits, and all other information.
- Review payroll register for accuracy
- Create and Process Journal Entries
- Support the Director of Finance with the Financial Management of IC Group
- Assist Executive Management, Directors, and Managers with Financial Questions & Queries impacting their decisions and departments
- Keep abreast of technical accounting and reporting changes within our reporting framework
- Lead the compilation of support for the year-end financial statement audit/review.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree in Business/Accounting, working advanced progress towards a professional accounting designation preferred.
- 3 Years’ Experience in full cycle accounting role, including Analysis & Budgeting
- 1 Year Experience processing payroll preferred (Payworks an asset)
- MS Great Plains experience is preferred.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial, and local requirements regarding financial records.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and applications.