ICG’s solutions are rooted in understanding our business lines and technologies, and collaborating with our business teams to deliver high-quality, reliable enterprise-grade solutions for top Global brands such as Twitter, Microsoft, and Bausch & Lomb. We deliver in a fast-paced, ever-changing and innovative environment while maintaining a high level of security practices for ISO and PCI compliancy.
Our teams are responsible for the flawless delivery and execution of all client programs & projects. ICG aims to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, integrity, commitment, accountability and delivery. This team lives on the cutting edge with solutions which drive strategic and long-term value to our clients and their customers.
Who are we looking for?
ICG is looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team in Winnipeg.
Working in a team environment you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of month-end full cycle accounting, financial reporting, analysis and recommendations, efficiency and operational improvement recommendations, financial strategy support, internal controls, capital assets, payroll processing, financial health monitoring of projects and deferred revenue.
Is this role right for you?
You have at least 3 years’ experience in a full-cycle accounting role in a computerized environment. You enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, while paying extra attention to the details.
- Responsible for the management and completion of the month-end cycle
- Assist with the compilation of the monthly reporting package for Executive Management
- Review and sign-off on monthly working papers
- Ensure that each individual company’s Balance sheet and Retaining Earnings are being properly maintained under ASPE.
- Assist compliance with all relevant tax, source deduction and other regulatory financial agencies.
- Implementation and submission of ad-hoc projects as they arise and their integration into the accounting system
- Maintain and reconcile the intercompany balances between corporate entities
- Ensure that each individual company is being maintained with proper retained earnings.
- Prepare and approve bank reconciliations
- Act as a supporting back-up for AR Invoicing and AP processing when Account Analysts are away
- Capital Asset Control, including tracking disposal, acquisitions and amortization
- Generate and Maintain the Deferred Revenue and Revenue Analysis workbook and post associated Journal Entries
- Prepare and comment on monthly variance analysis
- Amend, implement, enforce and communicate all finance policies and procedures
- Analyze financial indicators and resolve significant variances. Work alongside the Director of Finance to determine remedies when indicators are showing negative financial impact.
- Margin analysis and reporting on projects and provide early warning system throughout the month vs. end of month
- Reconcile month-end trust bank accounts
- Process payroll through third party service providers for Canada and USA employees
- Process information on new hires, terminations, salary adjustments, commission, benefits and all other information.
- Review payroll register for accuracy
- Create and Process Journal Entries
- Support the Director of Finance with the Financial Management of IC Group of Companies
- Assist Executive Management, Directors, and Managers with Financial Questions & Queries impacting their decisions and departments
- Lead the compilation of support for the year-end financial statement audit/review
Overall, here’s what our successful candidate should possess:
- University degree in Business with a major in Accounting, working advanced progress towards a professional accounting designation preferred.
- MS Great Plains experience is preferred.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial, and local requirements regarding financial records.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and applications.
- 3 Years’ Experience in full-cycle accounting role, including Analysis & Budgeting
- 1 Year Experience processing payroll preferred (Payworks an asset)
Can you demonstrate experience proving;
- Ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities.
- Critical thinking & thought leadership on project and/or program management.
Great assets to have would be;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline