Who are we?
IC Group Inc works with the world’s top brands, connecting them to consumers in innovative and creative ways using a blend of our professional services and our Loyalty, Promotions and Twitter Platforms – creating hyper-effective MarTech solutions.
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals to join our team to help drive the company’s growth strategy forward over the coming years!
Who we need?
We are hiring a Quality Assurance Analyst to work in our growing Quality Assurance team.
As a summary, the Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for maintaining standards and guiding the overall quality level of platform technologies of online web-based projects.
You will perform integration, functionality, system regression, database verification, load and acceptance testing using manual methods and testing tools.
If you are;
- An independent worker who understands how important it is to pay attention to the details;
- Willing to work on a team that has a lot of fast-moving pieces;
- Focused on accuracy and attention to detail, as these qualities are your middle names;
- Always cool as a cucumber under the most demanding conditions, even when circumstances may seem impossible to solve, you will always execute with a professional demeanor
- An excellent communicator no matter who your audience is, or your method of communication (e.g. document writing, emails, phone calls, online chat programs, etc.)
- A multi-tasker who can get stuff done with a sense of urgency and pride!
- Passionate by technology and is always trying to keep yourself up to date.
We definitely want to hear from you!
Testing & Analysis
- Responsible for testing IC Group web applications
- Work closely with project team and QA Lead to define, develop, and execute quality assurance tests
- Write, maintain, and execute test plans according to specifications provided by Project Managers
- Execute test cases and analyze and report test results to product teams
- Reviewing documentation and interviewing coders, users and managers on usage feedback
- Log, track and follow through on all software bugs, enhancements, and changes from identification to resolution using the bug database
Technical Support Management
- Resolving customer support issues (not real-time) through a ticketing based “Help” application
- Communicating back and forth with customers through the application
- Running SQL queries to gather user information to resolve their issues
- Reporting any major customer problems to Project Managers and liaising with them on response items
- Creative problem solving
Monitor Standards Compliance
- Perform spot audits of systems to assure compliance with established company standards for Integrity, Security and Availability
Other duties as assigned
Overall, here’s what our successful candidate should possess:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a team player
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure, in tight timelines and in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Technology experience with:
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Test Manager
- Supporting Browser, Desktop, and Mobile web application testing
- TSQL and any database experience
- Regression, Integration and System level test execution experience required
- .NET platforms including ASP.NET, object-oriented programming techniques, software design, database design, and Internet technologies an asset
- Experience with Selenium and Android Studio is a bonus
- Executing test plans for white/black box testing
- Creating test plans and test cases for the QA group
- Exposure to many different products, QA methodologies, lab virtualization and computer environments
- Understanding of RDBMS fundamentals
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in Quality Assurance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working application lifecycle in a web-based software development environment.