Who are we?
IC Group is Winnipeg’s world-leading provider of digital rewards solutions. Experts at flawlessly delivering loyalty programs, digital promotions, and Twitter bots, we work with some of the biggest brands & agencies on the planet – Twitter, American Express, Apple, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Sony, Disney, Fox, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and Xbox, to name a few.
Where are we Going?
We are in the growth phase of our development and looking for highly motivated people to help drive the company forward over the coming years, as we strive to become the dominant player in digital rewards solutions.
We deliver for top brands but are a compact & agile business. That means working for IC Group is a challenge that will push your creative capabilities. There’s never a dull day and you’ll be full of work, but you will be directly contributing to complex, varied campaigns for some of the largest global brands – a sense of satisfaction you would be hard-pressed to discover anywhere else in Winnipeg!
We believe in simplicity and structured creativity. You won’t find regular office hours here, as we encourage a sensible, flexible work schedule that ties in with our clients’ needs, and smart casual work wear is standard. With the likes of snack drawers & regular social events, we have a tight-knit, family feel at IC Group where connections really matter – vital for a compact company that achieves big things.
We are hiring a Quality Assurance Analyst – Lead, to work in and lead our growing Quality Assurance team.
As a summary, this position is responsible for maintaining standards and guiding the overall quality level of platform technologies of online web and mobile based projects. The QA Analyst – Lead will perform integration, functionality, system regression, database verification, load and acceptance testing using manual methods and testing tools for web applications. In addition, the QA Analyst – Lead will oversee increase usage of automation testing practices and tools synergized into our dev ops processes. Overall, the QA Analyst – Lead is an integral component of system integrity assurance, as well as security and availability.
To do well in this role you should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Development, and/or Business Analysis.
- Proactive and continual review of QA practices to support evolving application technology and architecture growth
- Primary contact for all aspects of QA
- Oversee, manage, and evolve automation testing practices using industry best of breed processes and tools
- Maintain an open and continuous communication between the Quality Assurance team and the rest of the project and leadership team
- Champion Quality Assurance at all stages of the project life cycle
- Monitor the work of the quality of test cases and defects created by the QA team
- Build an effective QA team, mentor the team and efficiently manage the resources to support the projects and ensure the quality delivery
- Manage and evolve QA test environments to meet demands of new systems
- Testing & Analysis
- Testing IC Group web and mobile applications through the entire software development lifecycle
- Create detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, and coordinating testing activities
- Execute manual and automated testing
- Write, maintain, and execute test plans according to specifications provided by team members and clients
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track software defects
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and strategies
- Test conformance of creative and copy implementation according to detailed specifications
- Assisting with testing of all web applications during re-occurring server patching cycles
- Facilitating and overseeing User Acceptance Testing.
- Technical Support Management
- Resolving customer support issues (not real-time) through a ticketing based “Help” application
- Communicating back and forth with customers through the application
- Monitoring live systems including investigation of application alerts.
- Reporting any major customer problems to Project Team and liaising with them on response items.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in Quality Assurance, software development, or business analysis
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a lead tester for major application integrations and/or major application product releases.
- Minimum 1-year experience leading a team
- Experience writing test strategies, test plans and creating test data.
- Strong data analysis, data verifications and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team environment,
- Good understanding of software development lifecycles, Agile, and Waterfall
- Senior level experience in Automation Testing with hands on experience
- Superior English communication skills (Verbal & Written) are a must
- Executing test plans for white/black box testing
- Understanding of database fundamentals
- Knowledge of Scrum methodology
- Understanding of social networks, in particular Twitter, considered an asset
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com