ICG’s solutions are rooted in understanding our business lines and technologies and collaborating with our business teams to deliver high-quality, reliable enterprise-grade solutions for top Global brands such as Twitter, Microsoft, and Bausch & Lomb. We deliver in a fast-paced, ever-changing and innovative environment underpinned by sound cost management while maintaining a high level of security practices for PCI and ISO compliancy.
Our teams are responsible for the secure delivery and execution of all client programs & projects. ICG aims to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, security, integrity, commitment, accountability and delivery. This team lives on the cutting edge with solutions which drive strategic and long-term value to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for the conception, creation, and launch of new products. As a Product Manager, you will be providing strategy, managing a development roadmap, specifying technical and functional requirements, coming up with new features for a product and thinking holistically about the customer’s journey with the product.
This role is integral to both the management and delivery of IC Groups solutions requiring the successful candidate to lead the product management team and support the day-to-day delivery of internal and Client driven projects.
Is this role right for you?
In this role, you will get to the product management team and work closely with our partners, sales and marketing teams. To be successful, you need to demonstrate experience in deciding which recommendation makes sense to move forward with a strong analytical mind, interpreting data and trends, diagnosing problems and formulating innovative and effective action plans. If you are someone who is comfortable working in unconventional ways and proactive in your approach with an ability to own and manage multiple priorities simultaneously, then it is the right role for you.
- Responsible for setting the product’s vision and strategic direction.
- Determining what products should be launched to maximize profitability, what product features should be widely adopted and which need improvement.
- Tracking usage patterns, identifying trends, and making inferences about customers’ preferences, needs.
- Develop KPIs related to the business unit to measure the overall effectiveness and efficiency of product initiatives and develop meaningful reports and dashboards.
- Understand how the product is broken down into features and experiences.
- Oversee the development and success of products and create a product roadmap.
- Analyzing product metrics and customer feedback to identify areas for improvement. Defining and launching successful products and features and managing product life cycle.
- Responsible for crowdsourcing, developing, and curating ideas that will deliver value to customers.
- Taking action on the recommendations the product specialists make.
- Tracking team progress as well as effectively assigning tasks to the appropriate team member.
- Gaining a deep understanding of customer experience, identifying and filling product gaps and generating new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Working with the Sales team and directly with customers and articulating what a winning product looks like.
- Continually evaluate and improve offers based on sales needs and customer requests.
- Translate partner problems and opportunities into tangible customer-facing solutions with your team.
- Drive the interpretation of business objectives from stakeholders to the developers.
- Give quality customer service the utmost importance by meeting each customer’s individual requirements.
- Responsible for the release process and for managing cross-functional dependencies — all of the activities required to bring new products, features, and functionality to market.
- Work with the engineering team to execute the product improvements.
Overall, here’s what our successful candidate should possess:
- Business Acumen:
- Understanding the economic principles that govern product development
- Ability to understand, discuss and articulate the technical costs to help prioritize what features to work on and cost-benefit tradeoffs as they relate to product choices.
- Experience observing the impact of software features on users and organizations
- Prides oneself on having deeper and more well-rounded knowledge of the markets and customers
- A strong desire to be the respected authority on markets and customer business practices
- Creating & supporting presentations & proposals for C-level executives and brand managers
- Customer Experience:
- Experience balancing and prioritizing the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong customer-centric communication skills & interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical personnel.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities while ensuring projects are managed within prescribed budgets.
- Understand client dynamics and can navigate working with other Agency Partners to create campaigns that meet the client’s goals and strategies.
- Manage and coordinate the resolution of client issues, and brainstorm ways to be more efficient both internally and externally.
- Technical Skills:
- Strong understanding of IS Methodologies, processes and practices, and experience with functional systems analysis, modelling and design.
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology/ information systems and their ability to enable business.\SDLC Using MS Team Foundation Server or equivalent
IIBAC/CBAP designation an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Knows the client’s business, product/service, distribution systems, targets, objectives, politics, and how they go to market, etc.
- Soft Skills:
- Proven ability to lead teams, communicate with diverse groups, and influence change throughout the organization
- Comfortable in a leadership role and enjoys high visibility among peers.
- Strong meeting and group discussion facilitation skills.
- Proficient at developing long-term relationships, always prepared to act as a consultant and a resource to customers, while being able to identify sales and growth opportunities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure on-call environment.
- Being decisive and being able to create a cohesive group under a common principle, good at developing skills and abilities in their team members
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Commerce, Engineering)
- Can you demonstrate experience proving;
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans
- Ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities.
- Critical thinking & thought leadership
- Successful track record in utilizing your influencing & interpersonal skills to drive change.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Commerce)
- Experience with Jira, SQL
- Great assets to have would be;
- Agile Scrum, Agile Software Development, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Master
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001, GDPR, and PCI DSS
- Working experience in Portfolio Management (a combination of projects and programs).
- IIBAC/CBAP designation an asset.
- Experience Requirements;
- Minimum of 7 years of working experience on application lifecycles in a web-based software development environment.