ICG’s solutions are rooted in understanding our business lines and technologies and collaborating with our business teams to deliver high-quality, reliable enterprise-grade solutions for top Global brands such as Twitter, Microsoft, and Bausch & Lomb. We deliver in a fast-paced, ever changing, and innovative environment underpinned by sound cost management while maintaining a high level of security practices for PCI and ISO compliancy.
Our teams are responsible for the secure delivery and execution of all client programs & projects. ICG aims to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, security, integrity, commitment, accountability, and delivery. This team lives on the cutting edge with solutions which drive strategic and long-term value to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are hiring an IT Cloud Specialist to work in our growing Corporate Services (IT) Team.
The primary role of the IT Cloud Specialist will be to fulfill our need for the design, security, implementation, cost containment and on-going support of our cloud environments to secure PCI DSS and ISO compliant standards. You’ll also assist in providing server and client application support for laptop, printer and office network operations, monitoring, and working on special projects.
Each day will be different, with time spent on supporting client programs, making progress on larger corporate projects, and ongoing responsibilities and daily tasks such as operational efficiencies, documentation and enhancing security.
The IT Cloud Specialist supports the configuration, management, and security of the physical and virtual corporate and production environments including servers, applications, firewalls, Internet, Email, and various aspects of our network infrastructure and remote offices. Working within a team environment, you’ll participate in the planning, design, support and security of the network environment, the implementation and administration of server and network systems and the support and maintenance of all workstations, laptops, peripherals (such as printers, copiers/fax), handheld devices, and Internet connections.
You will also support production and delivery services where application deployments are needed as well as technical support through our help desk facility supporting all our corporate users.
Is this role right for you?
To do well in this role you should have a related degree or diploma in Computer Science and certifications in Microsoft Azure. You stay calm in situations where others are not so cool! You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and have experience working in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Cloud Management
- Design, develop, and implement secure landing zones to deploy workloads and applications to cloud infrastructure.
- Recommend and support appropriate products and services solutions to meet project requirements that include High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Assign security access using the principle of least privilege and multi-factor authentication.
- Automate secure deployments and updates of cloud resources.
- Monitor and maintain cloud infrastructure including on-call coverage.
- Estimate, Manage and Contain costs of cloud resources.
- Document and maintain procedures and configuration documents.
- Network/Server Administration
- Maintain and administer Windows servers and applications, ensuring a high level of security, performance, and uptime.
- Support a variety of corporate and custom applications and processes.
- Set up of user accounts and access, staff training, inventory, and hardware maintenance.
- Regulate access to computer resources as required and monitor on a regular basis to ensure only authorized users have access.
- Maintain software licensing to ensure the company is always compliant.
- Document all processes, procedures and configurations related to servers, workstations, and security, so that an outside firm can audit them periodically.
- Application Support
- Deployment, configuration and management of custom web-based applications and services in a high-availability production infrastructure, which includes producing technical and process documentation
- Work with team members for the installation and testing of Operating System and application updates, often off-hours and/or weekends.
- Provide on-call services on a rotation basis acting as a first responder to issues or situations that may arise outside of business hours, including weekends
- Monitor servers for issues with applications, disk space, CPU usage, memory or other issues that may impact end-users
- Network Security
- Support and manage a secure PCI and ISO compliant environment security policies and processes
- Review of application and system logs for errors and security concerns
- Schedule and review vulnerability threat assessment scans
- Generation, maintenance, and renewal of SSL certificates
- Maintain a storage backup system and provide for routine backup including regular restores to test integrity of backup systems.
- Maintain, Develop, and implement policies and procedures relating to security, data integrity, change control and documentation of server systems, including Anti-Virus, Anti-SPAM and Anti-Spyware.
- Develop, document, and communicate security policies and procedures for users.
- Install security related upgrades in a timely manner, often off-hours and/or weekends.
- Desktop Support
- Provide assistance and troubleshooting for technical issues on end-user workstations/laptops, handheld devices, printers, etc.
- Install, upgrade and support of software such as Microsoft Office
- Install, upgrade and support of Operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and MacOS
- Configuration and deployment of new end-user systems
Overall, here’s what our successful candidate should possess:
- You are a great communicator, both verbally and written.
- You are self-directed, thorough yet quick and truly enjoy helping your colleagues, with a strong commitment to service excellence
- You work both independently and within a team environment
- Outgoing personality
- Calm demeanor when dealing with stressful situations, excellent communications skills especially when dealing with non-technical users.
- Ability to be creative in in the pursuit of technical solutions
- Strong and detailed organization and time management skills
- University degree or diploma in IT related field
- Microsoft Certification(s) in a relevant IT field
- Extensive Experience with Microsoft Azure including:
- Management Groups
- Resource Groups
- App Services
- Virtual Machines
- Virtual Networks
- Scale Sets
- Load Balancers
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft environments (MS) and Server platforms including:
- Windows 10/11
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Internet Information Server
- File Servers
- Experience with Microsoft Online Services
- Office 365
- Exchange Online
- SharePoint Online
- Networking technologies including TCP/IP, Routing, Firewall and Load Balancers
- Desktop, Laptop and network printer support, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades
- Remote Desktop support for remote users
- Hardware that supports Intel based PC’s
- Troubleshooting MS applications and other business tools, Office Suite, Edge, Chrome, Safari, but not limited to them.
- Experience with Mobile Handhelds such as smart-phones and tablets
- Knowledge of data acquisition, maintenance, protection, restoration, and recovery technologies.
- Strong knowledge of data security technologies, including RAID, backup, imaging, encryption, firewall technologies.
- Technical system documentation creation
- User guides, and “how to” guides creation
- Strong knowledge of current IT and computer science concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to IT infrastructure.
- Experience supporting people who depend on the availability and proper operation of IT environments, including direct support to these people through troubleshooting
This is an in-office role at our Winnipeg office.