Who are we?
IC Group is Winnipeg’s world-leading provider of digital rewards solutions. Experts at flawlessly delivering loyalty programs, digital promotions, and Twitter bots, we work with some of the biggest brands & agencies on the planet – Twitter, American Express, Apple, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Sony, Disney, Fox, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and Xbox, to name a few.
We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Business Analyst to join our team supporting our insurance platform!
Are you a highly driven individual that loves delivering on time? Do you have at least 3 years’ worth of experience delivering results in a fast-paced environment?
The role of the Business Analyst will be to help us solve problems using technology-based solutions. You will define, assess, develop, and support business requirements and determine the impact on the applications and platforms for our insurance platform. Experience delivering in an Insurance environment would be a great asset.
- Sales Support & Strategy
- Support Sales team with creation and face to face delivery of presentations, and proposals for Clients
- Utilizing IC Group’s pricing guidelines, providing pricing for sales initiatives
- ICG Capabilities Management
- Manage features and roadmaps corresponding to ICG Core Capabilities (products)
- Facilitate meetings with user groups and stakeholders to gather, understand, and document product/service software requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Manage & evaluate new and existing business & technological partners
- Maintain awareness of web technology standards and trends, and make recommendations around new implementations.
- Operational Support
- Assist Project Management, Development, and Quality Assurance teams in troubleshooting software application issues
- Assisting Project Management in evolutions of processes required to support projects
- Performing data analysis on live programs to illustrate program adherence to goals and to isolate areas of improvements.
- Delivery Support
- Write technical procedures for applications including operations, user guides, etc.
- Defining and managing both functional and non-functional requirements across multiple projects at a given time for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with other development teams (internally and externally) to understand requirements and issues, help in trouble shooting and diagnosing issues when required
- Work with delivery teams to support troubleshooting and resolution of hardware, software, and connectivity problems
- Support the quality assurance cycle by assisting the testing team, and work with business owners to develop test case scenarios for functional enhancements.
- Support Project Management team with timeline development and oversight support during project execution.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical audience.
- Communicate with clients daily to support their digital marketing needs.
- Strong meeting and group discussion facilitation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities while ensuring projects are managed within prescribed budgets.
- Strong understanding of IS Methodologies, processes and practices, and experience with functional systems analysis, modeling and design.
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology/ information systems and their ability to enable business.
- Creating & supporting presentations & proposals for C-level executives and brand managers
- SDLC Using MS Team Foundation Server or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working application lifecycle in a web-based software development environment.
- IIBAC/CBAP designation an asset.
- Proficient at developing long-term relationships, are always prepared to act as a consultant and a resource to customers, while being able to identify sales and growth opportunities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment.
- Knows the client’s business, product/service, distribution systems, targets, objectives, politics, and how they go to market, etc.
- Understand client dynamics and can navigate working with other Agency Partners to create campaigns that meet the client’s goals and strategies.
- Manage and coordinate the resolution of client issues, brainstorm ways to be more efficient both internally and externally.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Commerce)
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org