ICG’s solutions are rooted in understanding our business lines and technologies and collaborating with our business teams to deliver high-quality, reliable enterprise-grade solutions for top Global brands such as Twitter, Microsoft, and Bausch & Lomb. We deliver in a fast-paced, ever-changing and innovative environment underpinned by sound cost management while maintaining a high level of security practices for PCI and ISO compliancy.
Our teams are responsible for the secure delivery and execution of all client programs & projects. ICG aims to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, security, integrity, commitment, accountability and delivery. This team lives on the cutting edge with solutions which drive strategic and long-term value to our customers.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our database servers and for all activities related to maintaining an organization’s database and keeping data secure. They will participate in developing and implementing solutions. Data administrators develop and implement data administration policies, standards and procedures.
The Database Administrator will also be required to apply database standards around design, quality assurance, capacity planning, security, backup and recovery, and performance for our different products. We are looking for someone who is passionate about database administration and who cares deeply about the security, stability, and performance of our databases.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you are someone with great problem-solving skills and the ability to think algorithmically and if you have a “get it done” attitude while paying close attention to the details this role will be great for you. You will also need to be meticulous and able to communicate with business stakeholders to understand their needs and how the data can help them.
- Understand and translate business needs into data models
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop data-driven solutions to intake, export, and/or process data from multiple sources.
- Work with the development team to design, develop, and maintain stored procedures utilized within custom or IC Group product solutions.
- Produce reporting utilizing Microsoft SSRS, Microsoft Office, and Power BI products for project, management, and executive stakeholders.
- Write and improve stored procedures in SQL and monitor their performance
- Write ad-hoc queries as requested
- Develop the automation of the database processes, tasks and procedures.
Database Best Practices
- Create, maintain and develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Assist in the documentation of databases and data usage to create a dictionary to facilitate reporting for PCI/ISO auditing and reporting requirements.
- Assist development teams in optimizing queries.
- Perform code reviews on queries and stored procedures to confirm adherence to best practices and standards.
- Research and present new coding standards, tools, and processes to improve the overall usage of database-driven solutions.
- Assist Project Management, Development, and Quality Assurance teams in troubleshooting software application issues
- Assisting Project Management in evolutions of processes required to support projects
- Performing data analysis on live programs to illustrate program adherence to goals and to isolate areas of improvements
- Improve and document the use of Azure DevOps tools for rapid/streamlined deployment of SQL code for our platforms.
- Monitor the status of SQL code deployments and data schemas across all environments.
OVERALL, HERE’S WHAT OUR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Database Administration.
- University degree, diploma or certificate in IT or a related field.
- Proficient with relational and non-relational databases and in-depth knowledge of database coding for various platforms (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo DB).
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2017 and 2019.
- Experience in designing and implementing database structures and automating DBA tasks.
- Experience with data modelling and schema design.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to anticipate risks and mitigate them.
- Adept at managing multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Advanced communication skills; ability to facilitate discussions and communicate technical concepts and recommendations to non-technical staff.
- Strong English communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite of products
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
Can you demonstrate experience proving;
- Ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities.
- Critical thinking & and thought leadership on project and/or program management.
Great assets to have would be;
- Working knowledge of MongoDB